At Affinia we strive to ensure that you are satisfied with the services we provide. If you have a complaint about our products, services staff or handling of a complaint, please contact us to let us know your concerns. We will do all we can to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Step 1. Contact your adviser
It is Affinia’s experience that many concerns or complaints arise from miscommunication and can usually be resolved through consultation with your Adviser. In the first instance, Affinia encourages you to contact your Adviser to discuss the issue. Your Adviser’s contact details can be located in Part 2 of our FSG within the Adviser Profile.
Step 2. Contact Affinia
If the matter is not satisfactorily resolved by contacting your Adviser, or if you would prefer to contact Affinia directly to discuss the issue; we have an internal complaints process to review your concerns. In these circumstances your complaint will be escalated to our National Manager, Advice and Research and Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) team. Where appropriate, it will also be forwarded to our Professional Standards team for consideration (where required). Affinia aims to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly and will communicate our proposed solutions to the issue with you, in writing, within 30 days of receipt of your complaint at the address detailed below.
National Manager – Advice & Research
Affinia Financial Advisers Limited
GPO Box 5380
Sydney, NSW 2001
T 1300 AFFINIA (1300 233 464)
To assist us deal with your complaint quickly, please include the following information:
- The word 'Complaint' in the heading or subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- Details of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant documents
- Your desired outcome
We recommend you keep a copy of your complaint and original documents for your records.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 1 business day or as soon as practicable.
We will also make an arrangement with you for keeping you regularly informed about the progress of your complaint.
We always aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the maximum timeframe (30 days for standard non-superannuation related and 45 days for superannuation related complaints), we will inform you of the reasons for the delay and let you know when we expect to provide a response to your complaint.
If you are unhappy with the delay or response to your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) as outlined in step 3 below.
Step 3. Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. If your complaint has not been resolved to your complete satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA:
The AFCA contact details are set out below:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Time limits may apply to complain to AFCA, so you should act promptly or otherwise consult the AFCA website to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances may expire.
Do you need assistance to make a complaint?
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment you may like to use the National Relay Service (NRS).The NRS can be contacted on 1300 555 727.
- The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) provides interpreting services to people who do not speak English and to agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. TIS National can be contacted on 13 14 50.
- You can also authorise someone to make a complaint on your behalf. You will need to confirm your authority in writing. You can amend or withdraw this authorisation at any time.
- Please let us know if you need additional assistance to make a complaint and we will let you know the options available. We always aim to accommodate any request to make it easy for you to lodge a complaint.
Affinia Financial Advisers Limited (Affinia) is a wholly owned subsidiary within the TAL Group of companies whose ultimate holding company is TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited (ABN 97 150 070 483) (TAL). All complaints relating to these products will be handled by TAL in accordance with TAL’s complaint management process.
For more information, TAL’s Public Complaints Policy is available here and can be downloaded in PDF in the following languages: